JONNY HAYES is likely to miss Celtic’s Premiership clash with Motherwell at Fir Park this evening.
The versatile Republic of Ireland international sustained a calf injury after coming on as a second-half replacement for Greg Taylor in the 4-1 triumph over Hamilton Accies on Sunday.
Neil Lennon won’t take risks with the left-sided performer and has recalled Boli Bolingoli, who hasn’t been seen since the 2-1 loss against Rangers at Parkhead before the turn of the year, to his provisional squad.
Looking ahead to the confrontation with Well, the Hoops boss, speaking to Sky Sports News, said: “All teams are hungry and it’s all relative. Our motivation is to defend everything as vigorously as possible.
“People think it’s easy – it’s not. Teams are out to beat you every single week.
“Teams are set up to be difficult to break down, but we’ve found a way. The quality of the football has been superb at times and we’re in a good place at the minute.”
Meanwhile, Stephen Robinson could hand a debut to on-loan Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons against the champions wh are seven points clear at the top of the table going into tonight’s round of games.
The 24-year-old attacker will not start, but is likely to feature off the bench.
Robinson added: “I think Rolando can bring another bit of excitement, one against one he is very good.
“He is a boy whose career has stood still a little bit. He burst on to the scene very young, got a lot of plaudits, but he is now trying to take his career on an upward curve again and we are hoping we can do that for him because on first viewings of him close-up, he has a lot of talent.”
* MOTHERWELL haven’t tasted success in their last 13 league matches against Celtic – losing 10 and drawing three – since a 2-1 victory at Parkhead in December 2015 under Mark McGhee. Ronny Deila was the Hoops boss at the time.
* SINCE losing back-to-back league visits to Motherwell in February and April 2013, Celtic have gone unbeaten in their last 10 away games there, winning six and drawing four.
* MOTHERWELL have not managed a solitary win in their last three Premiership matches on home soil, drawing one and losing two. In October 2018, they went a sequence of five without success.
* CELTIC have picked up 45 points from the last 48 on offer in the Premiership, winning 15 and losing one. The only dropped points came in the 2-1 loss against Rangers at Parkhead in December.
* ODSONNE EDOUARD has scored seven goals against Motherwell, more Premiership strikes against any other side. He has hit four efforts in each of his last three league appearances against the Fir Parkers.