ON-LOAN Fraser Forster has revealed he’s had NO contact with anyone at Southampton since arriving at Celtic on a season-long deal.
The one-time England international goalkeeper has rediscovered top form at his former club since returning from the south coast club in August after making only ONE first team appearance in 18 months at Saints.
There was speculation the St Mary’s outfit may recall the towering shotstopper after Angus Gunn conceded nine to Leicester City and was axed to make way for Alex McCarthy.
However, the 31-year-old fans’ favourite dismissed fears he was on his way back to the struggling Premier League outfit, insisting he is at the Hoops for the year.
Reacting to reports of a return after being snubbed by Austrian gaffer Ralph Hassenhutti, Forster, speaking to the Daily Record, said: “I don’t think so. It’s a season-long loan and I’ll be here until the end of the season.
“I have not spoken to anyone since I came up here. That’s just how football works.
“I’m up here, I’m a Celtic player for the year and that’s fine. I just want to do as well for this club as I can. I am loving being back and playing. I want to make the most of my time.
“I had a tough year last year and the main thing was to get back to enjoying football and enjoying life again.”
Forster, who still has two and a half years to run on a lucrative contract worth more than a whopping £70,000-per-week, added: “I don’t know what it is about the place. I work with a lot of good people at the club.
“The manager has been brilliant with me and I am working with a great goalkeeping coach in Stevie Woods.
“I just love being here, I just enjoy it.”
SCOTT ALLAN is aiming to settle at Hibs in his THIRD spell at Easter Road.
The smooth midfielder agreed a pre-contract with the Edinburgh club at the tun of the year and had to wait until the summer to join once his Celtic deal expired.
The Leith side made a move to sign him in the January transfer window, but the Hoops refused to sell the former Scotland Under-21 international.
Allan is now hoping to make up for lost time as he prepares for life under a FOURTH manager in two seasons with Jack Ross replacing the sacked Paul Heckingbottom at Hibs while Neil Lennon took over from Brendan Rodgers when quit the Hoops to move to Leicester City in February.
The 27-year-old playmaker, speaking to Sky Sports News, said: “It’s time to settle down. I wanted to settle last year, it wasn’t possible, so I waited a full year to get here.
“I won’t be going anywhere any time soon and I’m loving every minute on the park.”
Allan, who has scored in the club’s only Premiership wins this season against St Mirren and St Johnstone, will line up for new gaffer Ross in his Easter Road debut when Motherwell visit on Saturday.
The former Dundee United and West Brom star agreed a deal with the club that will keep him in Edinburgh until June 2022 at least.
DANIEL STENDEL has emerged as the new favourite to become the next Hearts manager.
The 45-year-old German tops Tynecastle owner Ann Budge’s wish-list after an exhaustive round of interviews.
It’s understood the Tynecastle chief is finally ready to make her move, three weeks after Craig Levein’s sacking.
Current caretaker boss Austin MacPhee is set to become the club’s new sporting director.
Stendel is on “gardening leave” following his dismissal from Barnsley last month.
He had a successful stint as manager of Hannover before moving to Oakwell in June last year.
Stendel is just one of several candidates the club spoke to as they look for a replacement for the sacked Craig Levein. Stuart McCall, Neil McCann and Steve Cotterill are among the interviewees.
RANGERS are edging closer to offering Paul Gascoigne’s nephew Cameron the chance to follow in his famous uncle’s footsteps at Ibrox.
The eighteen-year-old striker has returned to Glasgow for a second trial after impressing during a training stint at the club’s Auchenhowie HQ earlier this season, according to the Daily Record.
Gascoigne scored against Partick Thistle in a 3-0 win for the Gers development squad on Tuesday night and sources believe the youngster could now be offered a full-time deal to move north of the border after being released by Newcsastle in the summer.