STEVEN GERRARD has been plotting an away day success in the Europa League Group G visit to Young Boys in Switzerland tonight.
Midfielder Joe Aribo is his main doubt as he recovers from a head knock suffered in the 1-0 Betfred League Cup quarter-final win at Livingston last week.
The Gers go into the confrontation on the back of an impressive performance against Feyenoord at Ibrox a fortnight ago when Sheyi Ojo scored the only goal of the game.
* YOUNG BOYS and Rangers will meet in European competition for the first time since the 1977/78 Cup Winners’ Cup qualifiers – the Scots progressing to the first round following a 3-2 victory on aggregate.
* THE Swiss have failed to win any of their four games against Scottish opposition in European competition, drawing twice and losing twice. They lost their most recent such encounter 1-0 against Celtic in the 1993/94 UEFA Cup.
* YOUNG BOYS have won 12 of their previous 17 home matches in the Europa League – drawing one and losing four – a 71 per cent win ratio.
* RANGERS are winless in their last 12 away matches in major European competition since beating Sporting Lisbon 2-0 in the UEFA Cup in April 2008, drawing eight games and losing four times since.
* YOUNG BOYS striker Guillaume Hoarau has scored 13 goals in 13 starts in the Europa League, netting at least once in each of his last three starts.