* ALEX McLEISH won five of his eight Euro 2008 qualifiers in his first stint in charge of Scotland, losing the other three. Scotland failed to qualify for the tournament, finishing third in their qualifying group behind Italy and France.
* SCOTLAND have won their last two matches, both in the Nations League. The last won three competitive games in a row in October 2017.
* THE Scots have lost just one of their last 10 competitive matches – winning seven and drawing two. They went down to Israel in Tel Aviv in October 2018.
* KAZAKHSTAN are looking to win consecutive matches in all competitions for the first time since March 2016.
* SCOTLAND’S Ryan Fraser has been directly involved in four goals in his last two games for the national team, one goal, three assists, after failing to score or assist in his first four appearances.
* JAMES FORREST has scored five goals in his last two games for Scotland, after failing to net in his first 24 matches.
* KAZAKHSTAN’S Oralkhan Omirtayev has scored in each of his last two games for his country, netting the only goal of the game last time out versus Moldova.
* DON’T miss this afternoon’s match report on Kazakhstan v Scotland – only in Scotzine.