KENNY MILLER is poised to sign a two-year deal at Dundee and disappoint St Mirren boss Alan Stubbs.
The 38-year-old former Old Firm and Scotland striker was sacked by Livingston last week after only seven games in charge.
Miller looked to be heading for Paisley, but his ex-Rangers team-mate Neil McCann has intervened and it looks as though the offer of a 24-month contract has swayed it.
* RANGERS third-choice keeper Jak Alnwick is a target for new Scunthorpe boss Stuart McCall.
The former Ibrox star wants the 25-year-old shotstopper on a season-long loan deal at the League One outfit.
Alnwick, who has also been linked with Bristol City, has made only six league appearances for the Gers since moving from Port Vale a year ago in January.
The ex-Newcastle goalie has dropped to number three in the pecking order since the return of Allan McGregor, from Hull City in the summer, with Wes Foderingham as back-up to the Scotland international.
* HEARTS have re-signed Manchester United winger Demetri Mitchell on a season-long loan, subject to international clearance.
The left-sided attacker spent the second half of last term at Tynecastle – scoring once in nine appearances – before a knee injury ruled him out for two months toward the end of the campaign.
* ST JOHNSTONE have swooped for Ipswich midfielder Tristan Nydam, 18, in a loan deal until January.
* KILMARNOCK have landed Birmingham striker Greg Stewart on a one-season temporary contract. The 28-year-old former Dundee star spent last season at Aberdeen.
* HAMILTON ACCIES are lining up a bid for Bradford City defender Matt Kilgallon, 34, who will be allowed to leave Valley Parade.
* DUNFERMLINE have taken ex-Peterborough striker Hakeem Araba on trial.
* DUNDEE UNITED will run the rule over midfiled pair Mathias Thrane and Martin Woods.