CONOR SAMMON has joined Motherwell on a season-long loan deal which will effectively end his career at Hearts.
The striker, who agreed a three-year deal at the Tynecastle outfit when he joined from Derby County in 2016, spent the previous term at Partick Thistle.
The Irishman scored only two goals in 27 appearances for the Edinburgh men.
Sammon said: “I’m just looking forward to getting stuck in here, playing a lot of games, scoring a lot of goals and just being a part of a successful season.
“I think the other strikers in the squad are similar. They’re physical, strong and quick, so I definitely think I can fit in here and I think my style of play will help me to have a good season.”
ON THE SPOT…Conor Sammon stokes in a penalty-kick during Partick Thistle’s 2-1 loss to Celtic at Firhill last season.
* RANGERS have had an improved offer of £3million for centre-half Jake Cooper rejected by Millwall. The Championship side insist their 23-year-old stopper is not for sale.
Ibrox Director of Football Mark Allen has drawn up a list of alternative targets that is believed to include Blackpool’s £1million-rated Curtis Tilt, as Scotzine reported yesterday.
* CELTIC face competition from Newcastle and Liverpool as they look at Shamrock Rovers’ 16-year-old keeper Gavin Bazunu, who has already been on trial at the champions.
The impressive youngster is keeping Northern Ireland and former St Johnstone shotstopper Alan Mannus out of the side at the moment.
Brendan Rodgers could add the teenager to his list of goalies with Craig Gordon currently in charge with Scott Bain as back-up and Conor Hazard. who played in the second-half of the 4-1 win over Standard Liege at the weekend, also in contention.
* ST MIRREN boss Alan Stubbs is interested in Rangers defender Lee Hodson who is on the way out at Ibrox. The new Paisley gaffer, also on the trail of Celtic’s teenage winger Mikey Johnston, could hand a contract to Anthony Stokes, although the out-of-contract former Republic of Ireland striker is also wanted by Shamrock Rovers, as Scotzine reported last Wednesday. .
* ABERDEEN will demand £10million for Scotland centre-half Scott McKenna after rejecting a £2million offer from Hull City. Swansea are mulling over a move for the 21-year-old stopper. Dominic Ball is poised to rejoin the Dons for a second loan spell. The 22-year-old defender spent last season at Pittodrie on a temporary contract from Rotherham. https://xcity.dk
* HIBS have suffered a setback in their bid to bring back Aussie World Cup ace Jamie Maclaren to Easter Road after his club Darmstadt said they want to keep the striker they loaned to Neil Lennon’s outfit last season.