ABERDEEN boss Derek McInnes will offer skipper Graeme Shinnie a new deal to keep him at Pittodrie.
The versatile midfielder is about to go into his final 12 months on his current contract and the Dons gaffer is eager to agree an extension.
McInnes said: “Getting Graeme on a new contract is something we all want. He had a lot to deal with this summer because he was away with Scotland and also got married.
“But I’m sure we’ll pick up on it in the next few weeks.”
* GOALKEEPER Jon McLaughlin has completed his Sunderland move after quitting Hearts, as Scotzine reported yesterday.
The new Scotland international, 30, signed a two-year deal with the English League One outfit. Jack Ross, who left St Mirren at the end of the season to take over the Black Cats, said: “He will bring security and stability to that position as well as experience and play a key role moving forward.”
* ANDREW DAVIES is poised to quit Ross County for Hartlepool with the Highlanders ready to sign Cypriot international defender Arelios Demetriou who has been released by St Mirren.
* HAMILTON ACCIES have signed midfielders Aaron Smith, from Nottingham Forest, and Grimsby Town’s Sam Kelly.
* DUNDEE have agreed a two-year deal with Senegalese striker Alassane Mendy. The frontman spent last season with Belgian outfit Lokeren.
* ST MIRREN’S new boss Alan Stubbs is considering releasing striker Ross Stewart with Dunfermline waiting to pounce.
* LIVINGSTON, who hope to announce former Scotland international striker Kenny Miller as their new player/boss within the next 48 hours, have arranged another loan season for the Ibrox side’s young frontman Ryan Hardie.
* HEARTS are still waiting for striker Jordan Roberts to make a decision after holding talks with the one-time Caley Thistle winger. The 24-year-old was freed by Crawley Town at the end of the season.