RANGERS are closing in on the loan signing of FC Angers midfielder Lassana Coulibaly.
The Malian international star, 22, is poised to become the latest of Steven Gerrard’s summer signings as the rookie gaffer continues to rebuild his squad.
The Ibrox outfit and the French Ligue 1 side have reached agreement and Coulibaly is ready to join Roma striker Umar Sadiq in making the move to Glasgow pending a work permit.
Coulibaly, like Sadiq, would not meet the automatic criteria for a work permit endorsement, with Rangers needing to request an appeal hearing.
The central midfielder, who has 10 caps, made 20 appearances for Angers last season.
Allan McGregor, Jamie Murphy, Ovie Ejaria, Nikola Katic, Connor Goldson, Jon Flanagan and Scott Arfield have all joined Gerrard this summer.
* HIBS have been told they will have to shell out a six-figure fee if they want to sign Australian striker Jamie Maclaren from Darmstadt. He scored eight goals while on loan at Easter Road in the second half of last season. Maclaren still has two years of his contract with the German Second Division side to run.
* FORMER Dundee United striker Mario Bilate is hoping to impress Alan Stubbs during St Mirren’s pre-season training
* LIVINGSTON are keen on keeper Louis Gray who has been released by Everton. The Premiership new boys, who hope to announce veteran striker Kenny Miller as their new player/boss, lost Neil Alexander recently when he moved to Dundee United as a coach. Liam Kelly has been recruited from Rangers on loan.
* WIGAN and Millwall are interested in Scotland international winger Chris Cadden, who is rated at £1million by Motherwell. The Championship sides may test the Fir Parkers’ resolve with a £500,000 bid.
* HEARTS have missed out on former Inverness Caley Thistle winger Jordan Roberts, who has joined Ipswich on a two-year deal after being released by Crawley Town.
* FALKIRK have signed Port Vale’s 20-year-old striker Dan Turner on loan. Boss Paul Hartley said: “He was identified at an early stage and we are really pleased to have him.”
* GARY WARREN, who quit Inverness Caley Thistle at the end of the season, has agreed a two-year contract with