FORMER Hearts keeper Jon McLaughlin is poised to sign for Sunderland.
The 30-year-old shotstopper, who made his Scotland international debut in the summer, is due for a medical at the English League One club today.
McLaughlin, who spent just one season at Tynecastle, has knocked back offers from Azerbaijan and Cyprus to join ex-St Mirren boss Jack Ross at the Stadium of Light.
* NEW Rangers boss Steven Gerrard will continue his loan pursuit of Roma striker Umar Sadiq. He has also been linked with a temporary move for Liverpool forward Ben Woodburn.
* CHRIS BURKE, 34, has agreed a new one-year deal at Kilmarnock. The former Rangers and Scotland winger joined the Rugby Park outfit from Ross County last summer.
* AUSSIE attacker Jamie Maclaren may return to Hibs on a permanent basis after last season’s successful loan period from German outfit SV Darmstadt.
* KENNY MILLER, 38, is likely to be named as Livingston’s new player/boss this week, as Scotzine reported yesterday. The former Rangers striker was also wanted by Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell.
* NORTHERN IRELAND international midfielder Paul Paton has penned a two-year deal at Falkirk. The former St Johnstone, Dundee United and Partick Thistle star spent the tailend of last season at Plymouth Argyle.
* HEARTS are keeping tabs on midfielder Ali Crawford who quit Hamilton Accies at the end of the season. Crawley Town midfielder Jordan Roberts is also on Craig Levein’s radar.
* HAMILTON ACCIES boss Martin Canning has agreed a season-long loan deal for Norwich City striker Mason Bloomfield.
* EX-RANGERS defender Ross Perry is set to join Dumbarton. The centre-half, 28, who spent last term at Albion Rovers, will have talks with the club this week.
* CLYDE have signed striker Jack Boyle following his release from Huddersfield. He scored four goals in 16 appearances during his loan period in the second half of last term.
* PARTICK THISTLE gaffer Alan Archibald has signed keeper Aaron Lennox on a one-year contract. The shotstopper spent the previous campaign at Raith Rovers.
* FORMER Rangers midfielder Andy Murdoch is heading for Ayr United after rejecting a move to Brechin City.
* STRANRAER boss Stephen Farrell is interested in former Hearts youngster Rico Quitongo who was on trial during the 1-0 loss against Glenavon at the weekend.