Scotzine have a vacancy for a sports editor to run our Sports section of the website and will play an important role in the growth of the website.
The Scotzine sports editor will make sure that the site has a consistent approach alongside our main football news section, with a high standard of coverage that would help Scotzine become the number one independent sports website in Scotland.
The ability to innovate and identify new opportunities editorially and commercially is a must.
The successful applicant will report to the Editor for Scotzine.com and work closely with our team.
Position is voluntary, however commission is earned on advertising revenue brought into the Sports website.
To oversee growth in audience traffic, profile, credibility and coverage of our sports site.
- Manage and oversee growth of Sports site by developing a clear and concrete strategy.
- Coordinate, develop, and implement content in collaboration with the existing editorial team and writers.
- Manage all the editorial tasks – proofing, editing and publishing of work.
- Work with our sales/commercial executive to maximize revenue opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE GOALS:
- Build and maintain strong editorial team within the Sports site.
- Meet agreed engagement levels for Facebook likes, Twitter followers, and other social media targets that will be key to driving traffic to the sports site.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Journalism/Writing experience, preferably online.
- Previous management experience.
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage remote teams.
- Excellent news sense and journalism skills.
- Strong knowledge of Sport.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Connections or ability to create connections within Scottish sport.
- The ability to speak English fluently and write in English.
If you are interested please contact Scotzine editor Andy Muirhead at email@example.com for more information and to provide samples of your work.