Highland Football League weekend review – 15th February 2014


Brora Rangers won the game of the day 2-1 against Inverurie Locos. Zander Sutherland gave the Cattachs the lead before Neil Gauld equalised for the hosts in the 55th minute however Zander delivered the goods again just nine minutes later which sealed the win. Things got worse for Locos a minute later when Kieran Adams was sent off.

At 4.30pm at the Haughs, Turriff, it looked like the three points were heading in the hosts’s direction however Nairn came back to win 3-2 in a game which looked like they wouldn’t get anything from, Gary Harris gave Turra a 28th minute lead before Gary McGowan gave the hosts a two goal cushion 16 minutes from time however Nairn got a quick goal through Robbie Duncanson a minute later and that spurred them on, Michael Morrison equalised in the 88th minute before Archie McPhee sealed the win in the last minute.

It was Gordon Connelly’s 1st match in charge of Wick and they drew 2-2 away to Forres Mechanics, Gary Weir and Lukasz Geruzel gave the Scorries an early lead before Kris Duncan pulled a goal back for Forres on the stroke of half time, Simon Allan then equalised in the 59th minute and the can-cans saw Simon Allan sent off for a 2nd bookable offence.

It was a five goal thriller at Seafield Park, two goals from Scott Barbour were cancelled out by John Ross and Gary Kerr however a winner from Willie West in the 65th minute gave the Broch all three points.

Clachnacuddin kept up their good form with a hard earned 5-2 win over Rothes, with Kyle Whyte on target twice along with Paul Brindle and Scott Graham against a Speysiders outfit for whom Joao Rodrigues also grabbed a brace.

Deveronvale v Buckie Thistle, Formartine United v Huntly, Fort William v Lossiemouth and Keith v Cove Rangers were all postponed due to the weather.

This week sees Cove Rangers v Turriff United and Inverurie Locos v Huntly try to beat the weather and get their Aberdeenshire Shield semi-finals played.


About Author

Loading ...