Hearts have announced that they have withdrawn all media co-operation with STV with immediate effect, following an article on the STV Sport website yesterday which claimed staff had been told that administration was a real possibility.
The statement on the Hearts website claimed that ‘the move comes in the wake of an extremely damaging and distressing online report which STV ran yesterday, despite the club highlighting its glaring inaccuracies’.
A Hearts spokesperson said: “In light of yesterday’s events, we feel we have no option other than to withdraw media access for STV until further notice.”
The STV article, claimed that ‘Hearts staff have been told the club could go into administration, as they await news from Lithuania on the ownership situation at Tynecastle. STV understands some employees had a general briefing on the situation at the club on Tuesday morning. Officials stated administration was a possibility if the right assurances were not received from majority shareholders UBIG. Administration was mentioned as one, but not the only, possible outcome’.
Due to the publication of the article, Hearts have intimated that they would consider legal action against STV.