Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: “For the BBC to suggest that I deliberately misled or lied to Mark Daly is both grossly insulting and unacceptable to me as an officer of the court. During my conversation with Mr Daly on Feb 22, which was off the record, I said I thought that MCR became aware of the full scale of Ticketus funding in July or August. I gave an honest answer to the best of my recollection as I had not been closely involved in the Rangers takeover work at the time.
“For the BBC now to accuse Duff and Phelps of conflicts of interest and unprofessional conduct based on a deep misunderstanding of the true picture is downright irresponsible and defamatory and we will not let the matter rest there.
“There is a world of difference between knowing that Ticketus was a potential source of working capital funding for the Club and its new owners (Craig Whyte/Wavetower) – which is our position – and knowing that funding from ticket sales had been effectively used to purchase the Club. The BBC have failed miserably to make that distinction.
“At all times during our involvement with Rangers, we have kept HMRC, the Club’s largest potential creditor fully informed of developments. These communications included several meetings. When the question of our appointment was considered by the Court of Session on 14 February 2012, HMRC decided to withdraw their application for their own nominees to be appointed as administrators, instead allowing our appointment to proceed. We have continued to keep HMRC fully appraised of our work as Administrators since 14 February.”
Rangers owner threatened to sue BBC Scotland after Mark Daly’s first documentary surrounding his takeover of the club and business past in October 2011, however court action against the BBC has still yet to materialise.